- Hours & Appointments
- About the Rehabilitation Dept
- Patient Testimonial
- Health Lectures & Wellness Classes
- Pre and Post Surgery Class
- Our Staff
- Rehab Brochure
Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m Monday – Friday (registration opens at 8 a.m.)
Appointments: (707) 961-4670
Our mission is to promote your wellness and quality of life through physical therapy and classes designed to improve your physical condition and balance, while enhancing your sense of wellbeing. Check out the programs under the following tabs.
We provide inpatient, outpatient and home health treatment for numerous conditions. In addition to all standard physical therapy treatments, such as neurological, orthopedic and sports rehabilitations, we also offer:
- Use of our Rehabilitation Gym for employees and former patients
- Vestibular/Balance/Dizziness/Fall prevention
“The Physical Therapy Department is fantastic. The people are fantastic. The equipment is fantastic.” – Howard Martin, founder of Cheshire Books, Fort Bragg, and Dr. Jack Bellah’s knee replacement patient.
A Wellness Program for improving the health of our employees and the community
Keeping you healthy through exercise and a healthy lifestyle are is our main goal. To learn about all the programs we offer, from walking programs to pilates classes, click here.
- Fitness classes
- Health classes
- Health lectures
- Annual Health and Wellness Fair
- Wellness program and events calendar
- Wellness Coaching and full Wellness Assessments
A Class to Prepare You for Orthopedic Surgery and Post Surgery Recovery
This one-hour class is for patients of Drs. Bill Rohr and Jack Bellah and will help prepare you for your hip or knee replacement surgery. The class covers:
- What to expect with your total joint surgery
- A home exercise program
- How to make your home safer
- Helpful recovery information
*A partner, friend or family member is also welcome to attend. Total Joint Replacement Class Flyer PDF
How The Rehabilitation Team Supports Orthopedic Surgery Patients (Video)
Our rehabilitation department is staffed by highly qualified and nationally certified physical and occupational therapists, a fitness specialist and a wellness coach. Here’s some background we thought might interest you:
- Jerri Mihos- Unit Coordinator, years of registration, insurance and patient care advocacy
- Jeff Perkins- Rehab Aide, Also a Certified Athletic Trainer, with a BS from UNLV, Assistant basketball coach at FBHS. IP’s and OP’s love Jeff, great people skills and wonderful with kids that come to our OP clinic.
- Brenda Ross, PTA Physical Therapy Assistant. Works, IP, OP, HH. Holds special certifications in many area, loves aquatic therapy, great with all patients
- Michelle Parel, PT, newest full time staff. Works IP and OP, primarily IP, Often first therapist Ortho patients see. Patient, consistent and skilled therapist.
- Lucinda Weaver, PT, Full time IP and OP, primarily OP. Treats sports injuries. Also still sees patients in her private practice in Gualala one day a week.
- Peter McCann, PT part time, IP and OP, mainly OP. Holds special certifications. See patients in private practice in Gualala several days a week.
- Sarah Wagner, PT Manager of Rehabilitation and Wellness Department, Has her Doctorate in physical therapy DPT. Treats patients, teaches Total Joint Class and Pilates class. Special interests in Neurorehabilitiation.
- Cynthia Audo, MA,CCC-SLP. Treats patients for Speech Therapy and Swallowing disorders. Works IP and OP . Holds special certification for barium swallow studies and augmentatives communication devices. Works IP, OP, and also sees student in Fort Bragg Unified Schools.
- Olga Caccamo, OTR works IP, OP, and home health. Specialties include hand therapy, Wheelchair assessment and ergonomics (ERGO). Patients who have had hand surgery, carpal tunnel, tendon release, hand injuries see Olga for therapy. Makes custom splints.
- Sarah Mechling, M/OTR works IP OP and home health. Provides OT for children in FB schools, and also private consults.
- Carolyn Peterson, OTR, works IP, Home Health and provides OT for children in FB schools.
- Donna Schuler, COTA, OT assistant. Works in IP and HH. Wellness Program Coordinator at MCDH, and Activity program director for Swing Bed .
OUR PHYSICAL THERAPISTS
Assess patients to determine what rehabilitation goals are appropriate. They will work with you and your physician to develop a plan of care to maximize strength and independence. Some common conditions that home health physical therapists treat include:
- Joint replacement surgery
- Heart surgery
- Back surgery
- Head injury
- Degenerative joint disease
OUR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS
Provide instruction in activities of daily living to promote maximum independence. Common areas that Occupational therapists focus on in home care include:
- Self care (bathing, dressing)
- Homemaking (cooking, laundry, shopping)
- Conserving your energy
- Medical equipment recommendations (wheelchairs, bathroom modifications)
- Transfers and safety
- Environmental modifications
OUR SPEECH THERAPISTS
Address problems in communication and swallowing. This may involve language use, speech production, special communication devices, oral motor strength and safe swallowing skills. Some common conditions that speech therapists commonly treat include:
- Head or neck cancers
- Brain injury
- Parkinson’s disease
If you would like to have a copy of our brochure in a printable PDF format, Mendocino Coast Hospital Rehabilitation Services Brochure PDF. Click here.