Physician Employment Opportunity
North Coast Family Health Center has opening for a family practice, primary care or internal medicine specialist.
Location: 721 River Drive (on the hospital campus), Fort Bragg
- Suite A: Primary Care
- Suite B: Surgery
Appointments: 707-961-4631 or 961-4634.
Hours: M, T, Th, F – 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; W – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (except first Wednesday of each month, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
Prescriptions: read about electronic prescriptions
- John Cottle, D.O. – Osteopathic Medicine
- Prakash Devaskar, M.D. – Pediatrics
- John Gallo, M.D. – Family Medicine
- Graham Benjamin, M.D. – Family Practice
- Diane Harris, M.D. – Family Practice
- Jason Kirkman, M.D. – Internal Medicine
- Jennifer Kreger, M.D. – Family Medicine
- David Newell, M.D. – Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
- Nancy Reynolds, M.D. – OB/GYN
- James Swallow, M.D. – Internal Medicine
Our Surgeons: (click here for their backgrounds)
- Jack Bellah, M.D. – Orthopedic Surgery
- Linda K. James, M.D. – General Surgery
- Doug Lister, D.P.M. – Podiatric Surgery
Advanced Practice Nurses: (click here for their backgrounds)
- Sasha Graham, F.N.P. – Family Practice
- Sharon Hunter, F.N.P – Family Practice
- Marilyn Magoffin, F.N.P. – Family Practice
- Deborah Miller, F.N.P. – Family Practice
- Pamela Miller, F.N.P. / C.D.E. – Family Practice, Diabetes Care
- Daniel “Skip” Pope, F.N.P. – Family Practice
A Team Approach
“When a Family Health Center patient has a test done at the hospital, test results are just a computer click away and become a part of the patient’s overall medical record at the hospital. If a patient must be seen in the Emergency Department, the physician on duty has immediate access to a comprehensive medical record.” — Heather Paulsen, Family Health Center practice administrator.
The best kind of rural healthcare system is one that provides comprehensive primary care with access to specialists and onsite support services such as lab, x-ray and physical therapy. Even better is a system that gives medical providers one-click computer access to test results.
North Coast Family Health Center, located on the Mendocino Coast District Hospital campus, offered all of those “bests” in 2010 for more than 30,000 patient visits.
The 12 physicians, six nurse practitioners and 23 support staff provide a wide range of primary care services, from pediatrics to adult diabetes counseling, family medicine, endocrinology, women’s health and osteopathic medicine. We also orthopedic and general surgeries, podiatry, and cardiology and nephrology consultations.
Located on the MCDH campus, Family Health Center gives patients easy access – a short walk across the parking lot – to the pharmacy, lab, diagnostic imaging, physical therapy and outpatient surgery.
“This is an important community health resource,” said Raymond Hino, CEO of Mendocino Coast District Hospital. “We offer all the important basic healthcare services right here in Fort Bragg, eliminating the need for Coast residents to go over the hill to other facilities.” Hino also noted that Family Health Center accepts most insurances, including Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Medi-Cal and Medicare.
The job of managing the Health Center, which became part of the hospital in 2007, falls to Heather Paulsen, an experienced healthcare manager who has worked as part of the District Hospital management team since 2004.