Jeri Erickson, Executive Director
707-961-4671 | firstname.lastname@example.org
775 River Drive
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Foundation History: 30 Years, $6 million Raised to Support MCDH
In March, 1984, the Board of Directors of the Mendocino Coast District Hospital approved the formation of a foundation to serve the Hospital District and to increase the security of the hospital. The Directors recognized the need for a free standing, nonprofit, charitable organization which could receive gifts from individuals, corporations, other foundations and organizations for the benefit of the hospital. That organization which became the Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation was charged with seeking gifts, managing the funds, and supporting capital projects submitted by the Hospital to the Foundation.
In September 1984, the officers and 42 Trustees of the new foundation were elected. The Trustees represented a wide range of backgrounds and experience in the community and immediately went to work applying their talents to public relations, finance, development and the workings of the new organization.
The First Gift
The first major gift to the Foundation came from the Georgia-Pacific Corporation, which donated a piece of real property valued at over $1 million.
The Trustees of the Foundation recognized the need for professional management of the growing organization and boldly hired the first Executive Director in April, 1985.
In September, 1985, the Foundation put on its first event which they named Winesong!, a day in the Botanical Gardens of music and wine tasting. The event made $30,000 for the hospital and has been growing ever since then, now providing over $300,000 annually for vital Hospital equipment and programs.
In the years since its inception the Foundation has added numerous fundraising programs and activities to better serve the needs of our Hospital and Community. As the ways to give are as many and varied as the people who give them, the Hospital Foundation provides a variety of giving opportunities from events and raffles, to planned giving opportunities that can provide substantial tax advantages to the donor and their heirs while supporting one of our community’s most vital resources.
A Generous Community
Gifts to the Hospital Foundation of ten dollars to thousands of dollars come from hundreds of residents of the Hospital District and beyond who appreciate the value and necessity of having a full-service hospital facility in our small rural community.
Since it’s founding in 1984, the annual gifts from the Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation to the hospital have grown from a range of about $18,000 to well over $300,000, with the total of those grants now exceeding $6,000,000.
Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation
Winesong Charity Auction & Tasting
775 River Drive, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Phone: (707) 961-4688
Fax: (707) 961-4975
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- Susan Warner, President
- Lisa Brandes, Vice-President
- Charlene McAllister, Secretary
- Bob Christofferson, Acting Treasurer
- Steve Lund, 2013 Past President
- Bob Cimmiyotti
- James Katzel, MD
- Marilyn LeRoy
- Camille Ranker
- Robert Scott
- Tony Geer
- Jim Hurst
- Mel McKinney
- Jeri Erickson, Executive Director
- Jamie Peters, Event Coordinator
- Diane Eaton, Administrative Assistant
- Luz Harvey
- Carol Joyce
For information about how to donate, click here.
Winesong History: Supporting New Technology and Services to Improve the Quality of Care Delivered on the Mendocino Coast
Since 1984 the Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation has engaged in fundraising and community activities to provide support for vital equipment and services at Mendocino Coast District Hospital. Our unique rural locale presents an environment in which the provision of comprehensive hospital services and up-to-date equipment is a tremendous challenge. The Hospital Foundation exists to help the Hospital and our community to meet these challenges. Below is a list outlining previous years’ capital improvements funded by Winesong proceeds.
- Ultrasound Machine ($75,200)
- Ambulance – Medic 9142 ($82,000)
- Ambulance Equipment ($10,000)
- Ambulance – Medic 9140 ($97,200)
- Helipad for Emergency Transport ($42,000)
- Lifeline Emergency response System ($37,000)
- Digital Echocardiography ($150,000)
- Ultrasound ($200,000)
- Stereotactic Mammography ($100,000)
- CT Scanner Installation ($90,000)
- 4-D Ultra Sound ($67,800)
- Digital Imaging Communications System ($171,600)
- Computed Radiography / Digitizer ($130,000)
- Nuclear Medicine Camera ($315,000)
- Digital Diagnostic Imaging Center ($1,400,000)
- Oncology Beds ($24,600)
- Chemotherapy Room ($10,000)
- Funding for Uninsured/Underinsured Cancer Patient Care ($74,000)
- Clinical Analyzers ($100,000)
Women’s Health & Obstetrics
- Fetal Heart Monitors ($32,500)
- OB Refurbishing ($34,500)
- Equipment for Surgical Services ($122,000)
- Orthopedic Surgical Table ($84,300)
- Sterilizer ($77,600)
- Clinical Information Systems ($750,000)
- Laboratory Information System ($100,000)
- Patient Call Light & Telemetry System ($150,000)
- Founders Medical Office Building ($315,000)
- Patient Beds ($48,000)
- AJ Grey Building Refurbishing ($75,000)
- North Coast Health Center, start up grant ($300,000)
Diabetes Care Center
- Funding for Uninsured and Under-insured Diabetic Patient Care ($20,000)
- Program costs for services to patients & families facing a terminal illness ($52,000)
Pharmacy / Patient Care
- Patient Control Analgesic Machines ($37,300)
Any questions about what this equipment means to you? Contact the Hospital Foundation at (707) 961-4671 or email@example.com. We would be happy to provide tours or further information about how your donor dollars make a difference to the health of our community.