During this time of navigating Mendocino Coast District Hospital through challenging financial waters, it is important to remember that the quality that our hospital has become known for, is still our number one priority.
Every change that has been made, or been contemplated, is carefully weighed according to how MCDH can best be a champion for the lives that depend upon us for their medical care and their health every single day. Our resources are not unlimited, so we must choose wisely as we decide how to best spend the precious resources that are available to us. It is a task that we do not take lightly.
One thing that won’t change is the quality of our services. We are especially proud of these achievements dedicated to patient safety and maintain quality of care:
• MCDH is nationally accredited by the Joint Commission, a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
• Our Obstetrics Department is one of only a handful of hospitals in California that has received the “Quest for Zero – Excellence in OB” award for three consecutive years.
• We have received HealthGrades 5-Star Ratings for our orthopedic joint replacement program, pneumonia care and gynecological surgery.
• We consistently receive extremely high patient satisfaction ratings – in the 90+% range.
• MCDH has one of the lowest surgical infection rates of any hospital in California or the U.S
The reason that we have received all of these awards and accomplishments is because of the quality of the people that have dedicated to working here at Mendocino Coast District Hospital. It is an honor and a privilege for me to be able to work side by side with these high quality professionals.